Botox or Muscle Relaxer is a noninvasive procedure which provides life-changing results for those wanting to keep their same look, but to appear more relaxed and youthful … it is YOU but going back in time 20 years.
What is Botox?
Muscle Relaxers (Botox, Dysport, and Xeomin) are medications approved by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) to treat facial wrinkles caused by facial expressions, for example glabellar/frown lines (between the eyebrows), forehead/worry lines, and eye/smile lines (crow’s feet). Muscle Relaxers are primarily made from a toxin found in bacteria called botulinum toxin. This toxin is purified and used all over the world for over 30 years to treat a variety of medical conditions but mostly known for its cosmetic applications.
As an authorized dealer and one of the foremost clinical practices that have done thousands of procedures with Muscle Relaxers (Botox/Dysport/Xeomin), you can be assured a quality result at The Wellington Institute every time.
Do you want to get rid of your aging wrinkles and roll back the years of your beauty?
Muscle Relaxers work in 2 ways:
- They work by temporarily stopping the contraction of your muscles therefore preventing wrinkles and lines from forming in the first place.
- In the same way, the toxin temporarily stops signals from the nerves in reaching muscles and therefore stops/decreases the contractions that lead to wrinkle and line formation.
- The process of decreasing the muscle contraction to avoid or reverse wrinkle/line formation is dose dependent. More of a dose of the Muscle Relaxer will completely freeze the muscle while less of a dose will decrease the muscle contraction…
*** The ideal botox dose is erasing the lines/wrinkles when the face is at rest while having the lines when making the different facial expressions.
There are many dermal filler products and we are pleased to carry a wide assortment for optimal outcomes and patient specificity.
If considering a dermal injection, the first step is to meet for an individualized consultation, where you will discuss your desires and expected outcomes. The clinical team at The MIAMI Institute will help you determine which type of dermal filler will best suits your needs, as well as review any precautions. If you are on certain medications, you may need to stop taking them before injection, due to a risk of bleeding. For many individuals, there is little preparation needed before undergoing a dermal injection.
The area will be slightly numbed with a local anesthetic to reduce discomfort. For most injections, the entire process takes 20-40 minutes, depending on how many injection sites are administered. The clinician determines the most appropriate injection sites and then injects the filler accordingly. There is typically very little recovery needed after an injection. There may be some mild redness or swelling in the area with mild discomfort. Typically these side effects are alleviated within a few days.
Many patients achieve ultimate outcomes by combining different fillers for specific needs. For example, an individual may plump facial contours with Sculptra, soften wrinkles with Botox, and plump the lips with Juvederm.
Most Dermal fillers have an immediate effect while they differ in composition, how long they last, and their particular use in the location of the face and their purpose.
- Smile lines or Nasolabial Folds – These run from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth. They are a result of lost facial volume and lost elasticity of the skin.
- Marionette lines: These lines run straight down the corners of the mouth, making you look unhappy or as if you are frowning, when you truly are not. They form as facial volume depletes and deep creases form.
- Corners of the mouth: The corners of the mouth can also turn downward with age, with lost volume below the mouth.
- Jowl Area: This region of the face is the area on either side of the chin. Facial volume loss in this region results in sagging skin and a hollow, sunken appearance.
- Chin Area: Lines form horizontally across the chin and can take away from a naturally beautiful smile. They are a result of facial volume loss and can appear gradually with time.
- Lips/Smoker’s lines:
- Cheek Reconstruction:
- Eyes/Tear Trough:
Muscle Relaxer/Botox injections are the most popular cosmetic medical procedure worldwide!
Each area of the face and/or neck will need a different dosage amount of the Muscle Relaxer and will definitely need an individualized consultation.
Patients are usually confused between “Relaxers” and “Dermal Fillers”. They both can produce similar outcomes like reducing fine lines & wrinkles and restoring a more youthful appearance, but they differ in their mechanisms of action. “Dermal Fillers” work by filling in wrinkles, restoring volume in the face, lifting areas of sagging skin, and plumping lips. “Relaxers”, like Botox & Xeomin, work by partially or completely freezing the muscles that cause lines and wrinkles. “Relaxers” temporarily block muscles from contracting therefore inhibiting their ability to make lines of expression. Since Dermal Fillers and “Relaxers” work in different levels of the face, they address different problems. Patients have excellent outcomes by combining both Dermal Fillers and “Relaxers” for a treatment called the “Liquid Facelift”.