PLATELET RICH PLASMA (PRP)
Platelet Rich Plasma, also known as PRP, is a technique used to heal tissues in many branches of Medicine (Dermatology, Plastic Surgery, Dentistry, Orthopedics, etc). In Aesthetic Medicine it is used to improve the appearance of the skin, in aging/ devitalized/ “tired looking” skin, photoaging, skin tone, melasma, scars, alopecia, and striae. It is considered one of the most effective natural based therapy that allows to stimulate a natural healing response.
PRP achieves the following:
● Activates normal skin functions that are reduced with age
● Stimulates production of collagen & elastin
● Activates cellular regeneration
● Enhances and restores skin thickness & elasticity
● Diminishes fine lines
● Returns “GLOW” to the skin
● Improves skin color & evens skin tone
● No risk of allergies because it is an Autologous treatment (using patient’s plasma)
PRP is based on the use of your own blood to obtain the Platelets (cells responsible in our body for the healing and reconstruction of the tissue due to Growing Factors they contain). Once the blood is drawn, it is centrifuged to obtain the fraction of platelets. These platelets are activated and injected into the areas to be treated.
Treatments usually require 3 sessions, 1 session every 3 to 5 weeks the first year depending on the problem to be treated (scars, alopecia, and melasma may require more sessions).